Friday, June 26, 2009

Brand New Day

I've often thought how fast time seems to be slipping away these days.
Wasn't it just summer??

How can that child possibly be married...oh, wait. He's 21 years old ....

Wasn't she just a toddler??

We just built this house a few years ago....oh, 24?
It was just yesterday...right?
What happened??

I think my favorite worldly phrase is

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans".
Thank you, John, for stating that so eloquently.
Sometimes the problem is with "KNOWING".
I KNOW how to breathe.

I KNOW how to get into that just right asana, the one that makes me feel so much better.

I KNOW how to eat,
what to eat,

when to eat.

I KNOW who holds eternity in the palms of His hands

I KNOW.

And in all of that "KNOWING"

I forgot.

I forgot to live wholly

to breathe

to make the time needed to be the best me...for myself and then, in turn, for others.

So after a time of "going like gangbusters"

I hit the wall of exhaustion.

And it hurt.
To the bone.

I thought

I haven't felt this bad...in years.

Since before all my "KNOWING".
Hello?
Have you been there?
Are you there still?
Will you join me for a brand new day?
BREATHE.
Breath into asana
into life.

NOURISH
Body.
Mind.
Spirit.

SOUL.
Clothe yourself in the beauty of holiness.

Center yourself
and in that center you will find balance in life.

Spread the toes wide

Root the heel into the earth

feel creation refresh you and heal you.

It's right there in front of me..and you.
It's yours for the taking.

Choose this day to be a brand new day.
I'm looking forward to the journey.
Are you?

No comments: